|For the 3D Universe counterpart, see San Fierro (3D Universe).|
San Fierro is one of the fictional locations featured in the Grand Theft Auto series. So far, it has only had one rendition, appearing in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. San Fierro is in the state of San Andreas.
The city also exists in the HD Universe, which started afresh in the current canon. It has been mentioned many times in Grand Theft Auto IV, its episodes and Grand Theft Auto V, though it does not appear in GTA V's rendition of San Andreas.
The city of San Fierro is based on San Francisco. Presumably, the HD equivalent of San Fierro likely includes areas such as Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo and San Jose, which are all part of the San Francisco Bay Area.
References in GTA IV
- Many characters in the LCPD Database, such as Jeremy St. Ives, Eddie Low and Lola Del Rio were born in San Fierro.
- Chris Cummings, the presumed winner of Venturas Poker Challenge was also born in San Fierro.
- Bernie Crane says he will move to San Fierro with his boyfriend Bryce Dawkins, as he claims that they treat homosexuals better there.
- On Blogsnobs.org, Inyapuper.blogsnobs.org is the blog of a 19-year old high schooler from San Fierro.
- On Liesdamnlies.net, the users Steve, Loch Ness, Mary and Bildeberg are all from San Fierro.
- One of the Angels of Death NPCs also mentions that last time he was in San Fierro, he almost came back in a box.
- Doherty is mentioned on Hornyhighschoolreunions.com.
References in The Lost and Damned
- The Angels of Death were founded in San Fierro. During gang wars between The Lost MC and the Angels of Death, Johnny will sometimes yell, "Go back to San Fierro!"
- Many characters, such as Lester Arnold, were born in San Fierro.
References in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- San Fierro is engraved on the wall of the ground floor of the Rotterdam Tower, along with Vice City, Los Santos, Las Venturas and Liberty City.
- Like Bernie Crane, Gay Tony talks about moving to San Fierro because homosexuals are treated better there.
References in GTA V
- Fabien LaRouche lived in San Fierro until 1999 (having moved there from France) before moving to Los Santos, because he had many charges in San Fierro.
- Supermodel Kerry McIntosh, who appears in the Vinewood Souvenirs - Kerry side mission (as well as a Club Management mission in the Ballad of Gay Tony) was born in San Fierro.
- Lester Crest mentions San Fierro during one of the setups for The Doomsday Heist in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Lester Arnold
- Chris Cummings
- Lola Del Rio
- Cherise McCormic
- Kerry McIntosh
- Fabien LaRouche (until 1999)
- Eddie Low
- Jeremy St. Ives